Friday 25 October 2013

Christmas Gifts

Every year, I like to try and make as many of my gifts as possible.  Partially because I don't have much money to spend and partially because I believe that homemade gifts come from the heart.  As I said in a previous post, last year it was hats, scarves
and mittens and that was great for everyone except my poor nephew since his hat was much too big.  The highlight of last year though was the creation of a Barbie doll wedding dress for my niece.  I had so much fun making this although sewing those little tiny seams for the bodice were quite a challenge.  I sewed a thin strip of velcro at the back opening  in order to make it easy for little hands to dress her.  The crown was the best part.  It was made from jewellery making wire, pearls, and swarovski crystals.  I even made the necklace out of pearls wire and a swarovski crystal and her tiny bouquet (my niece's fav colour is blue.   The beads and crystals I had left over from other projects; the white satin was a small remnant which was just enough for what i needed, the sleeves were also bits of lace left over from another project and the tulle for the veil came from the bridal area of Michael's - you can buy packages for creating Bombonieres.  I probably had more fun creating this than Lauren had dressing her Barbie with it.  This year, it's a warm fuzzy robe for Lauren which I've made especially for her to snuggle in when she stays at her Daddy's house.  I have enough material left over so I may make Barbie a matching robe. I mean she can't live in a wedding dress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment