Wednesday 23 October 2013

Just a Rant!

Well the weather is getting chillier and that means more sitting in the house and watching tv or movies or whatever.  I can never just sit and watch a program on tv without something in my hands - knitting, sewing - something!  

Which brings me to the reason for this rant.  What on earth is wrong with the tv stations?  There is more garbage on tv than ever before!  Reality tv shows, comedy that isn't even funny, what the heck are we paying for?

I understand that my tastes may be different than others and that perhaps I am weird since I don't find the adventures of Honey BooBoo or Bart Simpson entertaining.  And I don't really care what happens to the Real Wives of Tucson or whatever or The Bachelor and Bachelorette (it's not really real!)  And it's not even that I expect that these shows should be off the air but come on!  What about some really good tv?  Llike ... I dunno a plot and some engaging characters - people you can relate to?  Can anyone really relate to Homer Simpson? Would anyone want to admit to it?

I started watching netflix and discovered a number of really enjoyable series, only to find that they were cancelled on television.  What a disappointment.  So with absolutely no enjoyable television to curl up to with my knitting and a cup of joe or hot chocolate (trying to cut down on the coffee) during the cold winter months, I guess I'll be going through my old dvds and watching them.  SIGH!

Anyone else feeling frustrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment